Location: HEB Community Room @ 1801 E 51st Street
Date: Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Time: 7PM to 9PM
1. Greetings and Pleasantries
Meeting called to order at 7:03 PM by John Wooding
Committee Members Present: Bart Jacob, Joan Quenan, Barton Glaser, Ed Dorn, Marta White, John Reese Thomas, Ted Herr, Taylor Youngblood, Richard Carr
2. Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes
The minutes of the previous meeting were approved via email and have bee posted.
The committee members introduced themselves.
4. Treasurer’s Report (Joan Quenan)
We’ll be giving away the gift cards away by drawing at the next meeting. There is a $150 liability (an uncashed check) outstanding currently. Balance sheet attached.
5. Committee Updates and Reports:
Audit Committee – Receipts [Joan Quenan]
- Joan spoke about the use of paper versus digital receipts and the audit committee. The audit committee reviews the books every 6 months.
- We need to use paper receipts and make notes on each on, including the check number, when it was paid and how it was paid.
- Bills need to be presented within two weeks after an event and then the invoice would be paid within two weeks.
6. Project Ideas – Eligibility Requirements
Bart Jacob presented the existing project ideas. We discussed the “2019 Project Ideas” document and made some additions to it.
7. Steering Committee Liaison Assignments
The current Steering Committee Liaison Assignments was projected on the screen.
Unfilled assignments were filled by volunteers; however, some committees do not currently have a chair. The chair of the Audit Committee will be determined later. Four committees have vacancies for the chair: Community Space Initiative, the Fall Fest, Schools, and Project Evaluation.
The current committee liaison assignments and their chairs can be viewed at
8. Steering Committee Goals and Objectives – Discussion
John presented his vision of the steering Committee goals and objectives (see attachment)
Several members spoke about the goals, generally in favor.
The meeting was adjourned by John Wooding.
Respectfully submitted Feb. 1, 2020
Alison Raffalovich, Secretary