The Austin Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) is repositioning a recently and soon-to-be acquired approximately three-acre property located at the corner of Manor Road and E.M. Franklin Avenue in Central East Austin for the development of affordable housing. AHFC is conducting three online community meetings to provide information on these developments to interested residents and explore community ideas regarding the development of the sites.
Proposed Development Priorities
Provide mixed-income family-friendly housing with deep affordability including:
- 90 percent to total units reserved for households earning at or less than 80 percent of the Austin Median Family Income (MFI) – $79,100 for a four-person household
- 50 percent of total units reserved for households earning at or below 50 percent of the Austin median family income (MFI) – $49,450 for a four-person household
- 50 percent of total affordable units to be developed as multi-bedroom units
- Affordable housing to be prioritized for those households at risk of displacement and those previously displaced from the area
- Provide affordable units, on-site non-residential space, and support services incorporated into a sustainable model for housing Austin’s residents exiting homelessness
- Ensure responsible stewardship of City funds
The first community meeting was held Oct. 13. The next two meetings will be held for public input on Nov. 10 and Dec. 3. For more information: https://www.speakupaustin.org/3515-manor-road.